Summer Wedding at Dundurn Castle Hamilton

We met each other with Nikki and Tommy on their wedding day, as they booked my services via emails, given they didn't live in Ontario. What a delightful surprise it was to see my bride for the first time. Nikki was an absolutely stunning bride, radiating happiness with a big smile on her face, while Tommy was every bit the charming groom one could hope for. As a Hamilton wedding photographer, it's moments like these that remind me why I love my job so much.
Our photographic journey began with their first look pictures at Dundurn Castle in Hamilton. Dundurn Castle is not just a popular location; it's a gem for anyone seeking the best wedding photography in Hamilton. Conveniently located at 610 York Blvd, Hamilton, ON L8R 3H1, it's easily accessible for both local and out-of-town guests. With parking available on-site, you and your guests can focus on enjoying the day without worrying about finding a spot.
But what truly sets Dundurn Castle apart as a prime location for wedding photography, or to hold a wedding ceremony, are its breathtaking views and rich history. The castle's architecture provides a romantic and timeless backdrop, perfect for capturing those special moments. The lush gardens and expansive grounds offer a variety of stunning scenes, from intimate nooks for those first-look photos to grand vistas ideal for group shots. The castle’s interior, with its elegant décor, allows for exquisite photo opportunities, should you prefer an indoor setting or need an alternative due to weather.
Nikki and Tommy had their outside, romantic ceremony at Dundurn Castle as well, under the open sky, framed by the castle's majestic structure. This location offers a truly unique blend of natural beauty and historical elegance, creating a magical backdrop for every photograph.
After the family pictures, we moved to the reception at the Grand Olympia in Stoney Creek. The celebration continued with lots of dancing, fun, and a beautiful cake, capping off a perfect day. The transition from the serene and noble ambiance of Dundurn Castle to the lively and joyous atmosphere of the Grand Olympia showcased the versatile beauty of Hamilton as a choice for weddings, sparking excitement for the endless possibilities.
Choosing Dundurn Castle for your wedding or photography session ensures not just a setting of undeniable charm but also a smooth and convenient experience for everyone involved. From the ease of parking to the enchanting locations available for your ceremony and photos, it’s a place where memories are made.
As a photographer, capturing weddings in such iconic locations around Hamilton and Burlington is an absolute pleasure. It's venues like Dundurn Castle that provide the perfect canvas for the best wedding photography in Hamilton, allowing the love and joy of each couple to shine through in every shot. Whether you're local to Ontario or coming from afar, Hamilton offers settings that are sure to make your special day unforgettable.

Contact me for more information on availability. I’d love to show you my work and meet you at my home studio in Hamilton. We can also sit down and talk about details at a coffee shop in Toronto or someplace convenient.

img-author

Alexandra Jakubowska

My name is Alexandra and I love to photograph people in love.

I have been a wedding photographer for the last 10+ years. It is my passion and a dream job. I have studied photography in London, England. I am a wife and a mom of two beautiful girls. I was born in Poland but fell in love with Canada and found my special place in Flamborough (north of Hamilton). I love to travel, dates with my husband, glass of wine and good music. I am a full-time wedding photographer which means I can dedicate myself to my clients seven days a week. I have a great understanding of your "big day" and can guarantee a flexible, discreet and creative approach.

Contact Me